Saturday, July 22, 2006

First thing to do when starting your blog.

There are certain things to pay attention when starting blog. Let me list them in some order.

  1. Find topict and title for your blog.
  2. Make optimizations for search engynes.
  3. Place ads in right place in order to earn money.
Find topict and title for your blog. This is important, because you need to find something that interests you and may be interesting for many others. I decided to write about earning money on the net spending one hour per day. First I thout I will write about enything. But then If I do so visitors will be confused and wouldnt be able to find what they were looking for and leave site and never come back if possible. It is bad because I want visitors to like this site and find information they are looking for. And advise to their friends about this site, return to the site weekly to check latest news and read latest posts. On the other hand I want to type alot and share some other things. Final decition I will post on variety of topics related to money earning or not related to enything else. But I will make it easy to find visitors what they are looking for.

Make optimizations for search engynes. Yes I spotted that this template on blogger doesnt have keyword and description tags in it. Tose tags are very important for search engynes. To add those tags goto Template tab on your blog admin panel and Edit Template. After <title>your blog title</title> tags type keyword and description tags. like following:

<meta name="keywords" content="keyword1, keyword2, keyword3">
<meta name="description" content="Type description here">
type keywords and description relative to your blog.


Place ads in right place in order to earn money. That is why we are here right? Go to your adsense account and select what type of ad you want. Copy generated code and paste it into your template. I pasted square ad 250x250 on my sidebar. And small banner ad on item page after post and before comments. You need to fing related place on your template . It is very descriptive.

No comments: